Main Street is pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care for your pet’s surgical needs. We focus is on patient safety and well-being through:
- Careful screening of patients prior to surgery through thorough physical examination and blood testing.
- Tailoring anesthetics specifically to your pet.
- Performing intensive anesthetic monitoring during the entire procedure by one of our skilled veterinary technicians and maintaining state-of-the-art monitoring equipment.
- Implementing the most current surgical practices.
- Focusing on pain management during and following the procedure.
Our Surgery Specialist
Marian Benitez, DVM, MS
Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Small Animal
Dr. Benitez will be joining our team in January 2018. Dr. Benitez graduated top of her class at Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. Her desire to pursue surgery led her to advanced surgical training where she completed a medical and surgical internship at the University of Georgia and a three year small animal surgical residency at Kansas State University.
Dr. Benitez completed her required credentials and became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in February 2015. She spent three years advancing her surgical skills and training veterinary students, interns and residents as a clinical faculty member at Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine. She enjoys all aspects of veterinary medicine and surgery, but she has special interest in orthopedic procedures for cranial cruciate ligament rupture and gastrointestinal diseases. Her Masters of Science thesis focused on pain management considerations of small animals and she is invested in bringing about excellent pain management for her patients.
Learn more about Dr. Benitez at www.DogwoodVeterinarySurgery.com